Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Once a Lonely Rocking Chair - Now Rocking a New Life!

This old dusty and musty rocking chair was found on the curb of a thrift store a few months ago. I could not resist purchasing because it has great bones and the wicker wings make it pretty unique. After removing all of the yucky reddish-brown fabric and old batting, I saw that this chair was made in San Juan, Puerto Rico! I mean, this chair has traveled a great distance from PR to Connecticut just so that I could give it a new life!

                                                                     Before Here:
After removing the old material and sanding the chair, I primed and painted it a bright white color. To break up the white color I sanded to make the paint chipped and worn in areas. You guys will soon realize this about me, but I am a big fan of "shabby-chic". 

Anyway, I had some great kelly green and white fabric in stock that reminds me of a giraffe print, and thought that this would really make the chair such a cute addition to an animal theme nursery. Well don't you know that I had a client purchase this chair for just that thing! Her sister has a bun in the oven, and she too thought that this would go perfect in the baby's room. 

Check Out the After!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...